Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 Servings
One 28-ounce can whole peeled tomatoes, drained and 1/2 cup liquid reserved
2 chipotles in adobo
1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 large white onion, thinly sliced
3 garlic cloves, very finely chopped
1 1/2 cups chicken stock or low-sodium broth
Salt to Taste
1 1/2 cups shredded chicken
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup sour cream
1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro leaves
8 - 10 ounces Chile or Classic flavor Primizie Crispbreads
1. In a blender, combine the tomatoes with their reserved 1/2 cup of liquid and the chipotles; blend until almost smooth.
2. In a very large, deep skillet, heat the oil. Add two-thirds of the onion and cook over moderately high heat until browned around the edges, about 6 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Pour in the tomato puree and simmer, stirring until slightly thickened, another 5 minutes.
4. Stir in the stock and boil the sauce over moderately high heat until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
5. Season with salt and remove from the heat.
6. Gently stir the Primizie Crispbreads into the sauce, making sure they are well coated. Top with the remaining onion, shredded chicken and Parmesan cheese.
7. Dollop the sour cream over the Chilaquiles, sprinkle with cilantro and serve.